Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to This Girl Is Enough via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
This Girl Is Enough, or us
This Girl Is Enough of Cecily Avenue, Braintree, England, CM7 2LJ;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by This Girl Is Enough and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to This Girl Is Enough and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://www.thisgirlisenough.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
c. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
e. IP address (automatically collected);
f. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
g. Operating system (automatically collected);
h. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
i. When Buying Products or Services: we collect your first and last name, the credit card holder's first and last name, your email address, billing address, credit card or other payment information and your phone number. We do not have access to, or hold any records pertaining to your debit or credit card information. When you choose to pay by credit or debit card we use Stripe or Paypal to control the transfer of that data securely to the specified payment processor.
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, This Girl Is Enough is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data you submit only for as long as required for legal, business, or tax purposes. This information may be retained in paper or electronic form, or a combination of both. When your information is no longer needed, we’ll delete it.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
b. if you elect to store a Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
c. to process payments you make for Products;
d. to provide customer support;
e. to contact you by email;
f. to contact you by post;
g. for the purposes of providing the product or service which you have purchased from us;
h. to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
i. internal record keeping;
j. improvement of our products / services;
k. (only in the instance that you sign-up to receive our newsletter) transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
10. We do not sell or rent your data to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may provide your Personal Data to third-party service providers we hire to provide services to us. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors, website hosting companies, web analytics companies, data management services, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data for direct marketing purposes
Functionality of the Website
17. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
19. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by This Girl Is Enough (where such Data is held).
Your right to erasure
You may revoke your consent for us to use your data at any time. If you wish to do this, please send us an email with your request to email@example.com
20. Data security is of great importance to This Girl Is Enough and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
21. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. It is up to the User to maintain the security of his/her Account.
22. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. The list below details the cookies used on thisgirlisenough.com. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose.
Squarespace collects some non-personal data automatically when you visit the website.
Squarespace uses these cookies to enable some basic functionalities to provide a basic personalised experience whilst browsing and shopping on our website. Examples include remembering your login details, which products you have added to your basket, your language preferences. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
Squarespace (Strictly necessary):
These cookies are essential as they enable you to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing the checkout. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
27. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
28. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
29. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
30. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact This Girl Is Enough by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21 May 2018
37. These terms and conditions were created in part using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).